Perhaps they think I am not that important
After all, I am such a little sign
At times I'm used to show a word is shortened
And I can show that this is yours or mine
Or his or hers or theirs or even its
To show exactly who has possession.
That was when I was used and loved to bits.
Yet now, some mention me with aggression.
He said I was not needed, redundant,
But I do strongly disagree with him.
I think I am really so important.
(The chance of me converting him is slim) .
I make the written world so very clear
But for how much longer will I be here?
Elia Michael's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apostrophe by Elia Michael )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fair praises, hasmukh amathalal
- On MY Way To The Mailbox, Kyle Schlicher
- Belinda, Juan Olivarez
- My Life Will Go On, Kyle Schlicher
- Amaano (Somali), sallam yassin
- Haiku: Another Physics Haiku, Brian Johnston
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris