APPOINTEES MAKE CLAIMS... MAY 20TH,2013
I hear some appointed senators are making strange claims,
Involving taxpayers’ money but they say there’s no one to blame,
But they can keep their jobs until they are seventy five or more,
And we the people are not allowed to know the whole score.
Because appointed Ottawa senators are up there near god,
They are not elected and their appointments came with a nod,
To question this system is considered a graphic disgrace,
The Ottawa aristocrats will tell you right to your face.
How come this undemocratic bent system has been allowed?
Untouchable hierarchy of an appointed strict crowd,
Where we can die without dignity and in great pain,
Without binding referendums we have to stand in the rain.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (APPOINTEES MAKE CLAIMS... MAY 20TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- TO THE PARADISE I WANT TO MARCH, Dominic George
- Uit de voegen, Madrason writer
- TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT I'M JUST TRYING TO A.., Dominic George
- NEARING THE FRONTIER (18 PG), Dominic George
- SELF ACCEPTANCE, Dominic George
- BREAKTHROUGH, Dominic George
- GUILT PREDICAMENT, Dominic George
- NEUROSIS, Dominic George
- THE OTHER GENDER, Dominic George
- ON THE DESERT PLAIN, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)