I’ve seen a cascading blossom descend
From branches I would once, as a child, blend
All my dreams above the ground which would be
So far below me. So far below me.
A scarlet rain enveloped me as would
The boughs of my Upper-world. Strong arms, good
Arms, comforting arms. I could reach out, touch
The smiling Gods, and I would smile as much.
And I saw some faces in the scented
Rain. The features of those represented
Bore a knowing grin with a blood-filled eye.
Passionate, tender - falling from the sky.
I felt their silken breaths upon my palm,
And they disappeared in the shaking calm,
I saddened inside, yet I snubbed this fear,
For I knew that I would see those faces next year.
Daegal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (April Snow by Daegal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz