are we mute to say no to war?
Wake up from the slumber,
The people in the lumber,
Nations with scramblers,
Nations with simple tumblers.
Tell them no need comfort,
Tell them no need placate,
Tell them you live simple life,
Tell them, you not vote them out.
Fear in the ruler's hearts,
Not the enemy's might,
The might of their own people sort,
That can trample and kill them apart.
Tell your politicians that you want nothing,
Convey your leaders that they are safe,
Not threaten the politicians with your fingers,
For them to sign the war agreement.
We are the reasons for war and turmoil,
As we pester for the better things from the sovereign,
War is the trade to procure new land,
War is the robbery to steal someone's property.
War is the betrothal between not consenting lovers,
War in the battlefield to dispose all outdated weapons,
War is not in the playground to have the fireworks,
So it has to be in someone's land to have the targets.
We are the reason for the war and the souls,
That had left may sing songs for peace,
Not realizing they were the partners,
When sign the contract to be the soldiers.
Let us say no to the war,
By controlling our desire,
As long as our needs expand,
From oil to radioactive minerals.
The war is the only option,
to cheat the poor and leave them destitute,
For the rulers to satisfy,
our illusion of comforts to keep us mute.
Say No to comforts!
say No to War!
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (are we mute to say no to war? by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)