Are you familiar with the 'Nana Nap'?
Are you familiar with, the Nana Nap?
Have you yourself fell victim to its pull?
The head bobs down, tho' not quite to your lap
as conversation changes to your drool.
These senior moments when the lights go out
and dentures dangle from the pink abyss.
The REMs confirm, there is no doubt
and from the nether regions, there's a hiss.
And all this happens unexpectedly
when you pretend to listen with intent.
As consciousness returns, it's plain to see
you're thinking 'Shit! I wonder what they meant! ! '
With confidence you combat the surprise...
'Och no dear, I was just resting my eyes'.
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are you familiar with the 'Nana Nap'? by Dan Reynolds )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Limbo, Seamus Heaney
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The time machine, Yisel Chong
- Blue-eyed boy Mr. Death for e.e. cummings, r james sterzinger
- Salvation Jane, vince gullaci
- A Girl Called Memory, Mashewa1 Nthele
- A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- How I Once Spent a Friday Afternoon, M.J. Lemon
- Every dog's ordeal, Lubinda Lubinda
- An Ethereal Bloom, Margaret Alice Second
- surrealist day, lee fones
- Gnarled Syllogism, Paul Hartal