A Dragonfly Dilemma.
The dragonfly decided not to land,
nor decorate his ornate garden pond.
It sought some other gardener's hallowed hand
across the lawn, the beck wall and beyond.
This offspring of the year before's event,
held no known knowledge of his love affair.
It saw no sadness in his missed intent,
to frame its micro-second in the air
His quick exposure through a macro lens
had hoped to freeze the wings while in mid-flight.
To paint the perfect picture for his friends
and share with his software, this magic light.
The blurred and fuzzy images foretold
his once, rock-steady hand was getting old.
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dragonfly Dilemma. by Dan Reynolds )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1923 - 1998)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Every Time I Kiss You, Nizar Qabbani
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra
- Art or no art, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizoenen kwijt, Madrason writer
- Mighty Ocean, Zoila T. Flores
- Words left unsaid, Yisel Chong
- Poetical Journey Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak