Lawrence S. Pertillar
Are You Proud Of Yourself?
Here's your opportunity.
You've been waiting to embarrass me publicly...
You go ahead.
Make a fool of yourself!
And keep this in mind...
Dishonesty will eventually,
Come and bite you back...
When you least expect it!
So say anything about me you wish.
I could care less!
'All I was going to say is that I think,
You are a fantastic, considerate...
And a loving human being.'
NOW you want to be honest.
Truthful and sincere!
I don't get you at all!
Who put you up to this?
Who told you to say those things...
And I would show every tooth in my head!
Are you proud of yourself?
Are you happy now?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Proud Of Yourself? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling