Lawrence S. Pertillar
' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your Risk Foundation '
We are pleased you have chosen to run again,
For public office.
There are a 'few' who donated to your campaign efforts,
That last time...
Several years ago,
Now want to know...
What has happened to the millions unaccountable,
For that past attempt.
Can you explain how that funding was spent?
'Of course I can.
I am more than delighted.
I've been wanting to clear the air of that issue for years.
My wife and I are founders...
Of 'The Freed of Getting Frisked At Your Risk Foundation'.
And what we have done with those millions entrusted to us,
Is to ensure every stray animal...
Dog, cat, bird or beaver,
Regardless of its pedigree...
Is given an opportunity to have free legal consultation.
A kennel worthy of being lined,
With updated newspapers printing the latest...
Of entertaining gossip detailing the lives,
Of their most beloved film stars.'
So you're saying,
An investigation into how that money has been used...
Is completely pointless?
'Not only pointless.
But a waste of taxpayer's hard earned wages.'
Sounds good to me.
Do you have any more probing questions?
That response should put to bed the issue.
And any other accusation of theft.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your Risk Foundation ' by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI