Robert Charles Howard
Robert Charles Howard Poems
- Anatomy Of Arrogance A shivering ball of fear wrapped in a ...
- Captain Toro The power scythe roared and quivered;
- Black Diamonds Farmers flocked to Blossburg's mines ...
- Alone How could I ever understand what it is you choose to ...
- Aufersteh'N In memoriam, professor Earl ...
- Cloudburst Delusions of immortality vanish in a heartbeat ...
- As Plain As The Nose A nose is such a ruddy hoot - sloping ...
I try to keep the rust away by being an active composer and have been the conductor of the Belleville Philharmonic Orchestra in Belleville IL since 1995 and of the Belleville Philharmonic Chorale since 2001.
I have recently published a book of poems called Unity Tree which is available from Amazon.com. I am a member of the League of American Orchestras and the Colorado Poetry Center.
I was recently commissioned to compose a cantata called Wilderness Reflections for the centennial of Rocky Mountain National Park by the Oratorio Society of Estes Park that was premiered in June 2015.
My compositions have been been performed by many professional, community, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Anatomy Of Arrogance
A shivering ball of fear
wrapped in a crust of pride
too thick for sharpest arrows
huddles alone but well protected.
Grown to (wo) man,
that shivering ball,
aglow with haughty lustre,
plies the difficult art
of strutting from a seated position -
hoping beyond all fearing
that none will ever come to know
the terror behind the mask.