As The River Flowed
There were ripples of the sparkling stream.
The crystalline water was mirroring the blue sky.
That befriended with the sun's wonderful beam.
Beams of the dazzling looking golden eye.
The background was overflowing with mountains.
Mountains with snow capped peaks,
Their attainment of such exquisiteness is a real arcane.
What is it above the sky that they seek?
The eagles were gloating about their wings.
O! How marvelous they were to glance upon!
Thrushes flew above the river as they sing.
Grazing on the grassland was a cluster of fawn.
There I saw the elderly yet strong fisherman.
Flinging his lure in an elegant technique,
Attracting the catfishes and trouts as much as he can,
While sitting on a boulder beside the flowing creek.
The loveliness of the lotus was luring me,
Positioned silently on the cerulean water.
The white arrowhead was charming as she could be,
Her petals were diminutive as they have always were.
Far away, I saw a grandiose tall tower.
Its peak was reaching for the high heavens.
He stood there taking delight over his power,
Amazes all travelers every now and then.
The heavens above exposed a band of colors.
Little time, after the floating dark skies cried.
I then assumed that our life is filled with squalors.
But don't worry because later they will shine bright.
After the drizzle, dews sat calmly on the grasses.
Scarcely and leisurely moving towards the ground,
The sunlight coalesces with the dew with a tender caress.
How luxurious they looked worn the golden crown!
The children played alongside the river in pleasure.
Girls were collecting flowers to make tiaras and garlands,
While the boys were skipping stones on the tranquil water.
Their little footprints placed themselves temporarily on the loose sands.
And I was assembled comfortably on the greens.
Beside flowed the river without paying any notice.
It cleansed all of my hopelessness and spleen.
Therefore, I slept on the nature's lap with internal peace...
Rohan Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (As The River Flowed by Rohan Nath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Home, 107 tshepzen
- Inanity (2014), MILTON STYNER
- Where once you stood, Edward Clapham
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..