Amitava Sur Poems
- A Drop On A Lotus Leaf A water bead on lotus leaf ...
- Beggar Oh' my dear, the passers by, I beg you all to ...
- Broken Mirror With a sudden gush of air, the mirror, hanging ...
- An Appeal. Pool of blood, already being soaked in earth's ...
- Flying Kite =================== Gone are those lovely ...
- A Woman Woman… Woman… o' my loving woman A woman is by far ...
- Waiting Impatiently Though I volunteered to be truth abiding,...
I'm basically a technocrat, served an international oil Co. and now I'm retd.
Since long I love reading poems of different poets in different genre. I enjoy reading poems and short stories.Truly, very recently I started writing. Because, I found here I can express my feelings & views silently with a freedom. I personally like poems from any genre, but they should have some message at the end.I like expressing my views in simplest words with a smoothness and rhythm.
In my opinion the rhythm itself differentiates a poem from a prose.
A poetic mind's expression with rhythm itself is poetry.
I have joined this PH Club in Sept’ 2013. Here I can read varied poems of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''' If you are to rise to a greater height then first you have to know how and when a person falls '.Knowledge
''' True love never dies; it's always fresh and fine; it is divine.'Love
''It is difficult to live without any love in lifeLove
But it is next to impossible to live after losing the love.''
A Drop On A Lotus Leaf
A water bead on lotus leaf -
Shimmering with a glow
But up to that time only
As long is on the leaf.
With a little jerk or a shake
It rolls down and ends.
This life is like that only
As a drop on a lotus leaf
Priceless is our human life
But very mortal and short lived.
With a little quiver or a tweak
It shatters and then breaks.
Very short lived and uncertain
Like the dew on the grass tips.
To extract the beauty of life
So long you are alive -
Love all with love and peace -
Love flower bird and ...