(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Autumn In July (rated in group)
It was a cool July and it was dusk.
The gentle winds that blew,
brushed the Autumn of your hair.
And a mist, as like in Autumn, touch
your face, as I stood still.
I could not help but wonder, as in Autumn,
are the bees yet in their hive; snuggled
closely, in their Autumn winter bed.?
An Autumn sun, hid behind the clouds above.
It knew not of this July, only of Autumn, in the air.
It knew of flowers drooping, their brightness,
now fading and curled. It knew of falling leaves,
and colors still so bright. A lone tree against a colored
sky, seemed naked in this July. With all of
this, and some to go, it must be Autumn, for this I know.
What of the woman, with the hair of Autumn?
Her eyes of Autumn color and colored clothes
the same. It can not be July, for
Autumn is abound.
Autumns every where. Circling sparrows in sky
above, swoop down, in hunt, for the final seeds
of Autumn. How could this be July,
or have the sparrows lost their way?
Surely, this is Autumn, for the chill is in they air.
And, isn't that an Autumn grass, below that
old oak tree? As the gentle Autumn winds,
carry silence for the day.
Now the mist of Autumn, are falling drops of rain.
No, not a shower in July, but an Autumn day,
now cast in gloom, against a steel gray sky.
Autumn, shall never be the same, since
that Autumn day in mid July.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn In July (rated in group) by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- Of The Epiphany, John Beaumont
- statistical haiku (or, how do they disco.., Evie Shockley
- En germe, noir, Marcel Aouizerate
- The pilot, Marcel Aouizerate
- The library, Marcel Aouizerate
- a background in music, Evie Shockley
- Lost in Levallois, Marcel Aouizerate
- The 3 kelvin sound of great expectations, Marcel Aouizerate
- Online Halloween, Marcel Aouizerate
- A royal glasshouse, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)