Awake O! Prince Of Braj
awake the lotus-petals
open the water-lilies droop
the bumblebees have left
the creepers cocks crow,
and birds chirp on the trees.
The cows are in the byre lowing;
they run after their calves;
the moon fades before the sun.
Men and women arise
and joyfully sing their songs;
Krishna, of hands lotus-like awake,
for the day is about to dawn.
Sant Surdas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awake O! Prince Of Braj by Sant Surdas )
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck
- For truth only, gajanan mishra
- Clouds Out To Lunch, Robert Rorabeck
- Trouble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Integrity Practiced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Grandparents' Trailer Home, Robert Rorabeck
- A Warriors Song of Remembrance., Kaila George
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle