Why do you glance away?
Because it is embarrassing
Because it is uncomfortable
Why do you turn away?
Because it is too boring
Because it is too predictable
Why do you walk away?
Because you don't care
Because you don't want to be involved
Why do you look away?
Because it strikes right into your heart
Because it is hard to accept
Why do you push away?
Because it is too close
Because it frightening you
Why do you throw away?
Because it disturbs you
Because it is disgusting
Why do you run away?
Because you can't take responsibility
Because you hiding something
Why do you back away?
Because you regret it
Because it is dangerous
Why do you stay away?
Because you need to remain unaffected
Because you don't want to be known
Why do you give away?
Because you don't need it anymore
Because your pride won't let you
maria sudibyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Away by maria sudibyo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(c. 600 BCE)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Tired 2, Michael P. McParland
- Happiness Returns, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Poetry I Adore, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Monkeys in City, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Emptiness, Marilyn Jean
- Embellishing the Pale Blue Sky, James Darwin Smith II
- Thoughts, Ronald Chapman
- A Moment in Time, Tango Tango
- My Words, Ronald Chapman
- Dreamt Of You 6, Michael P. McParland