Stumbling through this life so far I haven’t got a clue
How you got to where you are, your dreams or favorite hue.
I wasn’t there when growing up the others made you cry.
I didn’t lie awake and rank your life in passing by.
But I see now the fruit it bore, the guarded looks and thoughts.
Stopping now and then you ask how it’s been tied in knots.
This life is fine and up ‘til now it didn’t matter one
That there was always someone else, laughing, having fun.
The broken hearts and lies and hurt and sleepless nights all told
Have made us what we are today, tired and feeling old.
But now I find myself in thought ‘bout how to set it down.
I’d leave this baggage at the door and good-bye this ol’ town.
And what I’d do if one bright day we went away together
Just leave responsibilities to find some nicer weather.
A thousand miles away, I feel the gentle ocean breeze
A vision you, as always, seem to give me weakened knees
Excitement new and closets bare we step from stone to stone.
Every day’s a slate that’s blank, forgotten back at home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Baggage by Andrew Stimatze )
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- OVER THE TOP, Donald R Charon
- Supernova, Herman Dexter
- Ho Hum, Michael McParland
- Backbone Of A Nation, Joseph T. Renaldi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)