Ballad: The Fallen Viking
Here my sword hath fallen,
upon the bloody ground.
Cold comes upon my skin,
my heart begins to pound.
My sin cast before my eyes,
these memories circle round.
And thoughts of the girl,
who’s love I had found.
Hard the earth lie beneath,
the place were I will die.
As the enemy marches on,
I see only sky.
For here I shed but one tear,
from my fading eyes.
Knowing as long as it has seen love,
the heart never dies.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ballad: The Fallen Viking by Christopher Powers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fin!, Jim Yerman
- ANOTHER CHANCE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Black And Blue, Electric Lady
- TAX PAYER, alexander opicho
- Poem: Power Thoughts, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Do You Really Want To Live In The Past?, Ronald Chapman
- Sundar Sa Ehsas................, sonali kumari
- Kabhi Aisa Bhi Hota Hai..............., sonali kumari
- When the Soul Ascends, Higher, Sincair Farrell
- Mere Man Ki Uljhan…………………….., sonali kumari