Ballad: The Fallen Viking
Here my sword hath fallen,
upon the bloody ground.
Cold comes upon my skin,
my heart begins to pound.
My sin cast before my eyes,
these memories circle round.
And thoughts of the girl,
who’s love I had found.
Hard the earth lie beneath,
the place were I will die.
As the enemy marches on,
I see only sky.
For here I shed but one tear,
from my fading eyes.
Knowing as long as it has seen love,
the heart never dies.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ballad: The Fallen Viking by Christopher Powers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You delight my life, Amitie Abedi
- i need an aneurysm when i'm next to you, Mandolyn Davidson
- WITHIN MY HEART, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Secret Of The Angels, David Harris
- Differences of Opinion, Sandra Feldman
- Quarrelsome Man, Syed Ahmed Shah
- 'you belong to the sea', Mandolyn Davidson
- i'd offer you a drink, but all i have ar.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Prime Truth - 25, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 24, Pranab K. Chakraborty