I'm not a bathroom barber I've learned
gave myself a hair cut with my own two hands.
When all of a sudden I heard a loud noise
which took my mind off what hair to cut I had.
Then SNIP, it went off my head!
a large patch bald of hair is missing.
The dog looked at me puzzled and barked
and the cat raised her back and was hissing!
I must admit I looked a fright
with that large patch of missing hair.
When I got up nerve to look in the mirror
I even gave myself a scare!
I was only trying to save a buck
and give myself what looked to be so easy.
But with this patch of hair now missing
my head feels a bit more breezy.
I guess I'll have to spend the money
go to someone, where to them it isn't harder.
And never again will I pretend, to be a Bathroom Barber!
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Bathroom Barber' by Linda Winchell )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock