Be a Guide of Innocent Child in Yourself
What we look at, and see what we are,
In my awakened awareness,
I saw the lotus and said, beautiful,
Beautiful it became,
Looking at stone I said it is beautiful diamond,
And it looked beautiful,
Looking at Sun and universe,
Looked as I found them in my mind!
When I was happy,
I found happiness everywhere,
When I am in pain,
I saw pain everywhere,
Life, nature and universe taught me,
They are my trinity of Gurus!
Be innocent in heart as innocent as learning kid!
but not an ignorant as ignorant as a fool!
Be full of kindness and mercy,
but not open the gates of your heart,
Beware of theft and deception,
Be a brave full of courage and valour,
But think about consequences,
Be humble and not a ruthless butcher!
This world helped you a lot,
Be helpful to needy,
But beware of greedy!
Learn from sages,
Renounce everything in own heart,
But never withdraw from social mainstream,
Renunciation is mental process,
Not for the gimics and show
Let in and out look alike,
stay calm and cool!
Save wealth, health and morals,
Work more, plan well to earn more,
Be calculative, not being a miser, save more!
Be polite, know where to bend,
Where one should be flexible,
Never be slave to anything!
Be rigid but not brittle!
Make profit and let your profit be not loss to others,
Let profits never corrupt the mind!
Serve all, be a servant of none other than your own virtues,
Be selfless but not selfish!
Spend not for unnecessary,
Money spent for good purpose is money earned! whatever that helps your progress is good purpose!
Help others without discrimination and reserve,
Only keep away from selfish people!
God has given senses and faculties,
Use them well,
Intellect and reasoning,
Think well, but never worry,
Talk well and good to all,
Yet be careful,
Never fall into traps and illusive words!
Be faithful and trust, but only after confirming Trustworthiness!
Self and awareness are so clear,
Only has to go through phases of life,
Safe journey needs precautions and preparations,
You may grow but not the child in you,
Guide it and be a better guide, know well about nature and world around!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Be a Guide of Innocent Child in Yourself by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns