I've been waiting for these words,
It's been worthy of all the days.
Once they were uttered,
My heart was set ablaze.
She said 'I'm ready to do this.'
It may seem such a simple phrase.
One that could seem so small,
One I've waited to hear for days.
This is uncontrollable,
I smile when she crosses my mind.
Thank you God she is mine,
A one of a kind find.
I've waited and now I must work,
To keep this love I have found.
More precious than gold,
From under the ground.
Through thick and thin,
Best friends to the end.
The fruit to my loop,
Will you be my girlfriend?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (be mine by gabriel bostick )
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)