'Be My Valentine Jesus'
Has anyone ever asked Jesus?
To be their Valentine?
I made a card just for Him
With a poem in which I’ve rhymed.
I could have done it in that normal verse
Written, ” Rose's are Red, Violet's Blue”
But I thought my dearest Savior Jesus
That I wanted to write something special, just for you.
I was going to cut the deepest of red paper
Into the shape of a GIANT red Valentine’s heart.
However, it didn’t seem like that was good enough
When I got my scissors out and tried to start.
Will you be my Valentine?
I would be so deeply honored if you would.
And I would be the envy of all my friends
To be seen, with a Valentine such as you.
Now you needn't send one on to me
For you’ve already given our world your heart.
Taking no concern of what your Father had in store for you
You knew your fate was pre-destined from its miraculous start.
To be born earth's King in a lowly manger
Then teaching those who would listen
Of your Father’s commanded word.
So a Valentine given to me, ” Dear Jesus? ”
Would just seem so wrong and too absurd.
Therefore, I’m asking you, 'Dearest Jesus'
Would you please be my, ”Valentine? ”
And I really hope you’ve enjoyed this cards poem
Written from my HEART, just for you, ' my Valentine'.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Be My Valentine Jesus' by Linda Winchell )
- I love you more than 🎂🍰, Mark Heathcote
- My Friends (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)