BEAUTIFUL RED RIVER
I grabbed a knife,
My friend did keep.
Slashed my wrist,
Through skin so deep.
Blood began to flow,
So fast and free.
Looked like Red Rain,
Falling on my knee.
I watched it fall,
As if in a trance.
The Blood Red Drops,
Seemed to dance.
Down my hand,
and across the floor.
Plop, Plop, faster, faster
more and more.
so Red and Bright.
Now the Day,
looks like night.
in sudden Glee.
A Beautiful Red River,
was flowing in front of me.
Now all is peaceful,
for me at last.
I have forgotten,
my sad, sad past.
Beautiful Red River,
I look at you and see.
The one who came,
and set me free.
By: MissMarry - 2001 - (All rights reserved)
Mary Lou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BEAUTIFUL RED RIVER by Mary Lou )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- If It's Obvious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Five "Sayings" Set To Poetry .., Bri Edwards
- The Shadows of the dead., SAK Reddy
- A Fool Hides, Matthew Petranovich
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Generals Of War., Tony Adah