Beauty is a stupid thing, anywhere you go,
The more I see pretty faces, the more my sadness grows.
Beauty is a bother; it brings me grief and pain,
Hanging over me like a cloud of pure petty disdain!
Beauty is a label, a superficial brand
Guys like me for my looks instead of who I really am.
Beauty is hypnotic; it captures young boys' minds,
And tells them to be cruel to girls who are sweet and kind.
Beauty is a veil, shielding people's eyes
And in the hearts of men, beauty is just a prize.
But beauty is deceiving, only as deep as skin,
And if you keep believing, you'll never see beauty within.
Kelly Curiel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Kelly Curiel )
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )