Beauty is a stupid thing, anywhere you go,
The more I see pretty faces, the more my sadness grows.
Beauty is a bother; it brings me grief and pain,
Hanging over me like a cloud of pure petty disdain!
Beauty is a label, a superficial brand
Guys like me for my looks instead of who I really am.
Beauty is hypnotic; it captures young boys' minds,
And tells them to be cruel to girls who are sweet and kind.
Beauty is a veil, shielding people's eyes
And in the hearts of men, beauty is just a prize.
But beauty is deceiving, only as deep as skin,
And if you keep believing, you'll never see beauty within.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Kelly Curiel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher
- Life, Death, Love! (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman