I am devastated by your beauty daily—
I wonder what God had in mind to torment men on this earth to look upon such beauty as yours on this earth.
Much like the forbidden flower of Eden so beautiful but so far from my reach.
I see the ghost of sympathy in men’s eyes when they look upon your beauty.
To not touch such beauty it like a garden among the summer sun with no rain to nourish it only to wither in the heat of the sun.
I understand you belong to another and are not meant for me.
I say things are for the best, but my heart belies my words.
Devastated by your beauty.
I try to find beauty in other things, other faces, but still wonder the earth looking for such beauty.
I see now I shall wonder for a eternity looking for such beauty as yours.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (beauty by Timothy Honeycutt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- television, smriti chhibber
- Grass, smriti chhibber