Beauty Has Many Faces
To tell her she is beautiful is not that hard to say
And 'twill only make her feel good about herself and help to make her day
She may even blush a little and say that's not really true
But thank you for the compliment it is so sweet of you.
She may not be good looking and she may be getting old
But she is a marvellous person and she has a heart of gold
Beauty has many faces an old man once told me
And often the greatest beauty is the beauty one can't see.
A woman may look beautiful but visual beauty sometimes lie
And often the greatest beauty escapes the naked eye
When someone says she's a beautiful person he may not even mean
That she's attractive looking a nubile beauty queen.
Beauty has many faces her hair may be turning gray
But she is a beautiful person though her beauty hid away
She helps out other people and good causes she embrace
And there is more to beauty than a young and pretty face.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty Has Many Faces by Francis Duggan )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)