RIC S. BASTASA
Been cheated five times already
I've been cheated
five times and five times
i have to assure myself
that nothing's wrong
with their cheating
they get what they want
and they punish themselves
i am not diminished
by their evil deeds
i am not envious of
i close my eyes on the
night of my defeat
and chant my mantra:
' i am great. i am good.
i am honest. I am not
to sound sleep i go.
mornings are great.
sun is brighter.
birds still sing. air so
I am new
with what i
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Been cheated five times already by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck