Emeyazia Iwe Chukwudi
We use'to go to farm and market
With our doors and windows open'
We use'to go to school and graduate
As at when due
We use'to sit under moonlights and
Tell tales about Tortoise and Elephant
Our Naira and Kobo
Use' to stare and dare Pounds and sterling
One man's child is everybody's child
We use, to sleep with our both eyes close'
We use' to be our brothers keeper
And the govt.was sincere and responsible
But now things had change'
My people seems to be more hungrier and greedier
My people seems to had buried their values
Alas, alas O'alas...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before, Before by Emeyazia Iwe Chukwudi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman