Dorothy (Alves) Holmes (Baltimore, Maryland)
2: 31 a.m. EST
The music channel blasting
Though not enough Frank Sinatra.
Up again so early because that is what
We of 'senior' age do...
Mind wants to play anyhow.
Yet nothing new comes to mind, except this
Bit of chatter.
Leafing now through one of my old books of
Poetry, my own, so I'll share of of my favorite
As We Move Through Life - Senryu
We must soar above
Frayed madness of wordly deeds
That singe our spirits
(now back to bed I go)
Dorothy Alves Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Poet Other Poems
- #132 Haiku Fall's Party Crasher
- #136 Haiku Fan Dancers
- #137 Haiku The Bather
- #142 Haiku-A Patch of Heaven
- #143 Haiku-Lover's Moon
- #145 Haiku-Pastels of Spring
- #147 Haiku-It's All About Love
- #150 Haiku-Nature's Portrait
- #151 Haiku-Artist's Quest
- #152 Haiku-Water Colors
- #153 Haiku Ecru Clouds
- #154 Haiku Seagull
- #157 Haiku After The Rain
- #158 Haiku Where There Is Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.