Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
2: 31 a.m. EST
The music channel blasting
Though not enough Frank Sinatra.
Up again so early because that is what
We of 'senior' age do...
Mind wants to play anyhow.
Yet nothing new comes to mind, except this
Bit of chatter.
Leafing now through one of my old books of
Poetry, my own, so I'll share of of my favorite
As We Move Through Life - Senryu
We must soar above
Frayed madness of wordly deeds
That singe our spirits
(now back to bed I go)
Dorothy Alves Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before Sunrise by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi