john chizoba vincent
BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN
Before you say any unkind word
Think of some one who can't speak.
Before yo complain about the taste of your food
Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
Before you complain about your husband or wife
Think of some one who is crying out to God for a companion
Today before you complain about life and it hardship
Think of those who died so young unlike you.
Before you complain about your children
Whether ugly or handsome, stubborn or imbecile
Think of those who are desirous for children
But they are barren and hopeless.
Before complaining of the distance you drive
Think of someone who walked the same distance with his feet.
He never complain nor give up in his quest rather
His mind and spirit walked alongside with him
Encouraging his humble heart to wearing not.
Before you complain of your job
Think of the unemployed, the disable and those
Who wish they could have your kind of job but
Could not because of one problem or the other.
Before you condemn another, remember no one is perfect
Under the sun covered with evil and darkness.
YOur heart is your love and ambition your aspiration.
Destiny has it own way of governing individual
Stand tall and complain not because your life is virtue
Of honour and it has a price to pay.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN by john chizoba vincent )
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
- So many faces, gajanan mishra
- On the Seas and far away, Robert Burns
- Steel Funeral, Dazairie Ronay
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)