john chizoba vincent
BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN
Before you say any unkind word
Think of some one who can't speak.
Before yo complain about the taste of your food
Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
Before you complain about your husband or wife
Think of some one who is crying out to God for a companion
Today before you complain about life and it hardship
Think of those who died so young unlike you.
Before you complain about your children
Whether ugly or handsome, stubborn or imbecile
Think of those who are desirous for children
But they are barren and hopeless.
Before complaining of the distance you drive
Think of someone who walked the same distance with his feet.
He never complain nor give up in his quest rather
His mind and spirit walked alongside with him
Encouraging his humble heart to wearing not.
Before you complain of your job
Think of the unemployed, the disable and those
Who wish they could have your kind of job but
Could not because of one problem or the other.
Before you condemn another, remember no one is perfect
Under the sun covered with evil and darkness.
YOur heart is your love and ambition your aspiration.
Destiny has it own way of governing individual
Stand tall and complain not because your life is virtue
Of honour and it has a price to pay.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN by john chizoba vincent )
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
- The Other Side, David Harris
- Come! Let's make it happen, Asma Riaz Khan
- O Beija-flor, Von Kimball Barney
- A Sincere Apology, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Leaves in Colors, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Never Give Up, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)