You're thinking of her tonight.
As you're holding me tight,
Thinking of her in your arms',
I can see the hurtful betrayal in your eyes'.
You're not really here tonight.
Why don't you just make things right.
And confess you were wrong.
You're here where you belong.
What will the children say, if they find out?
You'll fill their minds with doubt.
They'll never be able to trust another man.
You're just not hurting me.
What's your plan?
If you walkout on me tonight.
Everything's not going to be all right.
I might just see the light.
And you, Mr. won't walk into my heart again.
So, you better think twice; where we've been.
We had more than just passion.
Now your deceitful action,
Is breaking my heart, and I don't know if I can ever trust you, again.
I trusted you with my heart.
And you broke it.
Why don't you just part.
I can't take your lying eyes anymore.
I'm not trying to settle the score.
But, I can't take it anymore.
When you're, loving me; and thinking of her.
We deserve more!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Betrayal by Patricia Kelley )
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(15 April 1958)
(3rd April 19sixty)