You're thinking of her tonight.
As you're holding me tight,
Thinking of her in your arms',
I can see the hurtful betrayal in your eyes'.
You're not really here tonight.
Why don't you just make things right.
And confess you were wrong.
You're here where you belong.
What will the children say, if they find out?
You'll fill their minds with doubt.
They'll never be able to trust another man.
You're just not hurting me.
What's your plan?
If you walkout on me tonight.
Everything's not going to be all right.
I might just see the light.
And you, Mr. won't walk into my heart again.
So, you better think twice; where we've been.
We had more than just passion.
Now your deceitful action,
Is breaking my heart, and I don't know if I can ever trust you, again.
I trusted you with my heart.
And you broke it.
Why don't you just part.
I can't take your lying eyes anymore.
I'm not trying to settle the score.
But, I can't take it anymore.
When you're, loving me; and thinking of her.
We deserve more!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Betrayal by Patricia Kelley )
- Senryu As They Float, Heather Burns
- Senryu Our Lives, Heather Burns
- Water, Water, Harley White
- Heart's Remembrance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
Poem of the Day
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Everything, Anna Akhmatova
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns