Betrayed (Violence Against Women And Children)
I’ve tried to write the words,
Surely something to say,
For the way you’ve treated me,
How we ended it that day.
It matters not how we met,
What matters is what we felt,
Was it really genuine?
I touch the swollen welts.
I trusted you with things,
That I never told another soul,
Things that hurt and scarred me,
That you’d keep till we grew old.
The betrayal you bestowed upon me,
Minimizing, laughing at my pain,
All my secrets now exposed,
Make me think that I’m insane.
It matters not what you did to me,
These scars will one day heal,
Our son is another story,
What is he supposed to feel?
Betrayed, broken, sided and torn,
To a loyalty that shouldn’t exist,
All the lessons that we taught him,
That no one should use their fists!
I owe him a thousand apologies,
For the truth I couldn't see,
That you were not genuine,
Not to him and not to me.
Thank you for the lesson,
Not just mine alone,
Now a new journey begins,
That we can call our own.
Living Experience's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betrayed (Violence Against Women And Children) by Living Experience )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi