Betrayed (Violence Against Women And Children)
I’ve tried to write the words,
Surely something to say,
For the way you’ve treated me,
How we ended it that day.
It matters not how we met,
What matters is what we felt,
Was it really genuine?
I touch the swollen welts.
I trusted you with things,
That I never told another soul,
Things that hurt and scarred me,
That you’d keep till we grew old.
The betrayal you bestowed upon me,
Minimizing, laughing at my pain,
All my secrets now exposed,
Make me think that I’m insane.
It matters not what you did to me,
These scars will one day heal,
Our son is another story,
What is he supposed to feel?
Betrayed, broken, sided and torn,
To a loyalty that shouldn’t exist,
All the lessons that we taught him,
That no one should use their fists!
I owe him a thousand apologies,
For the truth I couldn't see,
That you were not genuine,
Not to him and not to me.
Thank you for the lesson,
Not just mine alone,
Now a new journey begins,
That we can call our own.
Living Experience's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betrayed (Violence Against Women And Children) by Living Experience )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Feeling Your Love, Michael P. McParland
- Feeling You, Michael P. McParland
- Feel My Touch, Michael P. McParland
- Falling, Michael P. McParland
- Faith In Him, Michael P. McParland
- Faded Night, Michael P. McParland
- Extra, Michael P. McParland
- Rosy - 1, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Extended Hand, Michael P. McParland
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...