People everywhere strive to be strong.
Life long enemies are trying to get along.
Even with the universal effort to be right,
Everything's going so wrong.
All these hopeful souls I'd like to embrace
And wish them well. I pray that God's grace
Will help them on journeys, long, and with
lives that can be unbearable to face.
No one should give up, not even the weak,
Although the outcome is always seemingly bleak.
There will never come a perfect day,
but with determination we shall eke
Out a better living, and feel the sun's rays;
they will not scorch us, but set us ablaze.
Situations will surely improve over time,
so don't lose faith; wish for better days.
Bianca Free's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Days by Bianca Free )
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)