grape vine eyes, strawberry hair.
cigarette smoke streaming through the air.
fishnets and silver lined gloves.
a place for men to forget lost loves.
red silk curtains open to display
the leading lady of the day.
how she glows and swaaaays
and sets the lonely hearts ablaze.
they get their fill of romance
in her moans and in her silence.
but pleasure always hurts the pockets
of those who seek to raise their spirits.
they leave with mixed joy and disappointment
wishing they could've gotten more for their payment.
but none of them cares or really knows
the lady's distress as the curtains close.
Bianca Free's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Closed Curtains by Bianca Free )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Broken, Yasin Engno
- Of War and Peace, Shruti Goswami
- Realizations of a whore, Shruti Goswami
- Promises, Shruti Goswami
- Wonders Of Wondering, david kush
- Tabatha Khumalo, Bob Johnson
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri