Beyond The Destiny!
Hello, poet, hello, poetry!
Hello to questions within!
Hello to God-blessed destiny,
If you do not give in...
And yet, in truth, I tell you this,
it all depends on you
and not the poems that you'll write,
yet credit where it's due...
Your life's a one-time here decree,
a gift surpassing all,
if you believe in destiny,
then, please accept that call...
To think, use ink, to write what's right,
but then and only then,
find time, the writing time, insight,
That God grants once again...
Because, in truth, God only knows,
each great verse meant to be,
the good you share that grows and grows,
if that's your destiny!
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beyond The Destiny! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese