Big Switch Off
We sleep, eat, walk and work,
Day to day things,
not thinking of the earth.
The dirty filthy air its having to breathe.
As we drink our morning juice,
As we work our shift,
every light switch left on is slowly heating this earth.
Those poor animals,
Unable to survive this.
We may have survived this once,
But they did not.
As the earth heats
We will talk our mindless chatter
We will worry our heads of many things.
As the earth heats,
And weather changes
We complain about the ever changing weather
The uncontrolable weather
The Extreme weather
We dont think 'actually this is our fault'
This is our fault
We are causing this.
Tonight I turned off the lights,
Sat in the Dark
It was peacefull
It was to save our futures.
It was to save our childrens and our childrens children.
As the Earth heats
Think of how to help it and ease its suffering.
Rosalita Fernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Big Switch Off by Rosalita Fernandez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Directory of Unpublished Poets, mary douglas
- You Cannot See, Breanna Elwin
- The Rose Tender, Ravi Joshi
- The Fish, Bhaskar Rabha
- सिमांखौ गोसोखांनानै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Lights, Camera, Action, Sandra Feldman
- Turned Onto Suicidal Paths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Last Page, Bhaskar Rabha
- Peace, SALINI NAIR
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale, Gert Strydom