Big Switch Off
We sleep, eat, walk and work,
Day to day things,
not thinking of the earth.
The dirty filthy air its having to breathe.
As we drink our morning juice,
As we work our shift,
every light switch left on is slowly heating this earth.
Those poor animals,
Unable to survive this.
We may have survived this once,
But they did not.
As the earth heats
We will talk our mindless chatter
We will worry our heads of many things.
As the earth heats,
And weather changes
We complain about the ever changing weather
The uncontrolable weather
The Extreme weather
We dont think 'actually this is our fault'
This is our fault
We are causing this.
Tonight I turned off the lights,
Sat in the Dark
It was peacefull
It was to save our futures.
It was to save our childrens and our childrens children.
As the Earth heats
Think of how to help it and ease its suffering.
Rosalita Fernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Big Switch Off by Rosalita Fernandez )
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)