A bill can’t kill you.
Why the panic when you receive a bill?
You created it, pay is due is what the bill says.
Don’t act like you don’t know me now.
How did I come about? Now you ask how?
I was busy working halls, blackberry chats, and other soirees to get your attention.
You created this bill. Down the hall, off the wall, off the hill, now sign this bill.
Pay up now, sign it now, do whatever to settle this debt.
I guess you have not learned yet. My interest is special and concern for the common good of men having such is a sin.
Pen stroke this note to legitimize my agenda.
Who cares if you lose credibility among the people?
Can’t get it through?
Executive orders or whatever magic you must do, don’t come short of paying me my due.
You know what to do.
Pay your bill.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bill due by Timothy Branch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...