Wind of the End
Blows by but at a stand still
Wind rustle the light varied leaves that hustle
Energies that lack speed as I remain motionless
Birds fly as eyes grow dim
Wind of the end, couldn't be.
Feelings of first winds never come again
Leaves once heard fall silent
Birds did fly forever still I lie
Wind of the end came as I stood by
I failed to discern winds of change
After years and days unfurl;
From infancy, to adolescent years, puberty and the other phases of life twist and twirl;
all run adrift like feathers resting easy on forgotten the wind gusts
they all carry time away to a prepared resting place years.
Far from the time or conscious thinking minds as seldom does
A youthful mind consider death.
How did I miss the final gust of life?
Winds do end like days do end.
They run they run but when and where?
Know, I just don't know.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wind of the End by Timothy Branch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- True, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Day After An Ice Storm, Keith Taylor
- On The Same Place...., Konstantin Vanshenkin
- I Was Severe..., Konstantin Vanshenkin
- The Match, Konstantin Vanshenkin
- The Rifle, Konstantin Vanshenkin
- Snow, Konstantin Vanshenkin
- Similar, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Kindergarten Miss, Edgar Albert Guest
- They're False...., Konstantin Vanshenkin