Birds V/S Human Beings
An egg of some unknown kind
By a pair of sparrows did find
Over the pile of hay
At the retiring hour of day
While they returned from their flight
Enjoying the pleasure of day's delight.
'Let us see', she said 'and find
This egg is of what kind....'
'Tis not ours you know my dear
Why should we bother for fear?
Both our eggs are safe in nest
Let us retire for night and rest.'
'Tis not ours' makes not our worth
Better with us in nest than crush on earth.
How can we leave it for preying birds
Or for wild beasts while we have hearts! '
'Oh, a silly notion of crazy emotion!
We aren't to help all creation.
It's the duty of its parents
They didn't care so let them repent.'
'You heartless soul and selfish thing
You've lost your kind instincts.
Come and bless it the love of our wings
Fie for shame!
No more talks like human beings.'
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birds V/S Human Beings by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The world is in peace, gajanan mishra
- The joy in pain, hasmukh amathalal
- Romantic Recollection, Ananta Madhavan
- Canticle of Hope, Robert Charles Howard
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro