Society! Society! Society!
Its obstacle to all liberty!
Eat if the society allows!
Wear if the society allows!
Shelter if the society allows!
And live even if society allows!
Does it cure starvation and poverty?
Does it fill degradation with beauty?
It reins upon with 'Might is right'
Down with weak and pomp upright!
Helps you till you have enough to spend
Quits you a rotten meat
When your crowns to spend is scant.
You yield, you devote, you die for its sake
The resulted reality is a blunder fake.
Keep on feeding its bottomless belly
To deserve its praise, its dammed strategy.
Doth it ever act in reward
To common, to poor, to Destiny discard?
No rule, no rod to power and pomp
All frame is formed for feeble folk.
It preys the meek in tiger's jaws
Tearing the flesh with merciless claws.
Stand alone, valiant and brave
To fight against this vice domain
Rules for freedom should be freely dispersed
Difference of rank, difference of creed
Difference of position should all be cursed.
To bring the change
Be the change
Then there is the right
Then there is Change.
Don't be the driven cattle in fight
Be the hero in the strife.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Damned Society! by Vivek Tiwari )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Fragment, Oscar Wilde
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett