On my Birth day-
The birthing pain
With a cry,
‘Who am I? & why am I? '
Then the empty-
A soft breath and breeze of Genesis,
Separating earth and sky
Wide apart body and spirit, and am-
Left with a mystery
Of Desire! !
Of Disappointment! !
I thought the umbilical root
In my logical eternal route,
But He was smart, to cut it
Before the earth was born,
Between earth and heavens
Humans die in heaven!
Angels die on earth!
May be the interlude
Is my answer! !
To my desire and disappointment!
Ajiive Jay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birth Day by Ajiive Jay )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Million Man March Poem, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Passenger, Georgina WilksWiffen
- I Raise A Toast To The Rising Sun, Rajesh Thankappan
- I Am An Indian English Poetess, You Call.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Month of Happiness, Robert Bly
- My Garden At Night, Alexander Johnson
- You're Magic, Michael McParland
- Why Not Stand Up?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Not Stand Up, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unruly Wind, Ozgur Ircan
- JULEKALENDER # IIX, Gunnar Mo.