Little King of Sorrows
Made in vain,
Intentions pure and love so strong,
Replaced by waves of pain.
Of dreams that never came,
Nightmares that awake me,
In tears too real to tame.
Signs rained down upon us,
From the sea and land and air,
A blind man could have seen them,
Yet you left without a care.
Who am I to earn this fate;
From friend to love to foe?
So viciously led astray,
With nothing left to show.
No mercy to be shown my way.
No words to heal my heart.
Only bittersweet confusion,
And regrets from end to start.
I never asked to have it all,
Just a chance to show I care.
And this is what is left for me.
No goodness left to spare.
I'll never understand these things,
Which I've seen and felt from you.
For every broken heart you claim,
You can mark me down for two.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bittersweet Confusion by Little King of Sorrows )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas
- Imprimatura, mary douglas
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon