Little King of Sorrows
A Friend Forever
Through all I said, and all I've shown,
you must know by now your not alone.
I come and go just like a wave,
Not one to hold you like a slave.
I demand to care and that you know,
you always have a place to go,
inside of me a spot I saved,
within my heart, you name engraved.
Your painful story cut like knife,
when you claimed you tried to end your life,
if again that sorrow takes it's toll,
give me the chance to make you whole.
No matter where I go from here,
don't ever call my name in fear,
A friend forever, I swear on my son,
My time with you, is never done.
You are so special, so very dear,
I hope I somehow made that clear.
I know not what you think of me,
or if your friend I even be,
At least I know these words are true,
I'll always save my best for you.
A simple write, as my time is rushed,
a simple picture, I quickly brushed,
Give up on me, if you feel you must,
but my intentions were pure, it wasn't lust.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend Forever by Little King of Sorrows )
- Eat Dessert First, Bill Grace
- cuts, Josephine Taylor
- Our India, Anishka Singh
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)