Black and White
Happy or sad can seem so far different
In a world of black and white
Where do I fit in it?
Only two feelings? What's in between?
There's has to be more here
Black, White? Blue, Yellow, Green?
Who took the rainbow away? Who's to blame?
In order for someone to be sad,
Doesn't it have to rain?
Somewhere in between, there has to be pain
But maybe the sun shines
Just after the hurricane
We sure felt our deal of sadness
Seems like we're still caught in blackness
Who's going to shine to end the madness?
Maybe the only in between is gray
In that case we see a dull world
Cause we never see the light of day
Black and white, we're looking at both
Right now it's a ti-tor totter life
And black is the slippery slope
If money was color, no wonder we're broke
In this debt so damn deep
The economies having a stroke
Don't forget, we tripped ourselves
Color is cracked, like the liberty bell
Is this possible, getting out of hell?
There's such thing as baby steps
Such thing as taking reps
Little by little, the easier it gets
Slow but sure, color will return
Chip away, step by step
Cause color has to be earned
Jared Bradford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black and White by Jared Bradford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai
- how to remember me, chip reed
- The Man Who Died, Lawrence Beck
- The Cantos, Nassy Fesharaki
- Passage From Trinidad, Angela Wybrow
- We are two Inharmonious Worlds as a Cry, Fatima Nusairat
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant