A shapeless hapless black dot
As black as a painted devil
Though the devil himself so evil
Is not as dark black as he’s painted.
Is it the only black dot in the pot?
The black ants within the dot
Move so sluggish like dull maggots
Without any proper direction or precaution.
They beg and beg from other dots afar
Beg technologies, machineries and white paint
Their mind and blood too black to invent
And white paint won’t change their blackness.
White ants within the white dots
Make the whole pot sparkling clean, so sheen
Their mind and blood painted white and right
They have huge heads to invent and innovate.
Will the black dot outshine the white dots one day?
Lauwo George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Dot by Lauwo George )
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
- A Poets View Of Modern Life, Yohan Confectioner
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.44, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.43, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.42, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.41, Monk E. Biz
- Conflict, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)