…a flowering of the human spirit
in which Evil torments and exploits
as much of Creation as it can reach.
…a development of Freedom To
in which Evil discards
the corner stone of Ethics
to as near Absolute Power
as it can reach.
…a flowering of Materialism,
in which Evil enclosures
its concentration camps,
its factory farms and farmers,
its vivisection laboratories and Ph.D.s.
…a convention of High Priests
and Thought Police,
Bishops and Ayatollahs;
the Living Spirit
and embed it
in dense shadowy Matter.
Until compressed by pain,
it evaporates away
to re-form eternally
somewhere else again.
Brian Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Black Magic by Brian Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- She, Anil Karki
- We, the great family, Anil Karki
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George