…a flowering of the human spirit
in which Evil torments and exploits
as much of Creation as it can reach.
…a development of Freedom To
in which Evil discards
the corner stone of Ethics
to as near Absolute Power
as it can reach.
…a flowering of Materialism,
in which Evil enclosures
its concentration camps,
its factory farms and farmers,
its vivisection laboratories and Ph.D.s.
…a convention of High Priests
and Thought Police,
Bishops and Ayatollahs;
the Living Spirit
and embed it
in dense shadowy Matter.
Until compressed by pain,
it evaporates away
to re-form eternally
somewhere else again.
Brian Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Black Magic by Brian Taylor )
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar