Blinded by darkness
A man may seek throughout life but fail to find contentedness; by night's brightness and day's darkness would it clarify the differences.
Because past instances gave birth to present memories, pleasant times that pass tend to pave the path for misery.
My expectations of life placed a cloak on my sight until circumstances became apparent, and consequently stripped the hope from my awareness.
Speak with me because the warmth of my words provide to a cold heart comfort, but only those who closely listened obtained the benefit while I could not find that my words held self-worth.
Dijon Noble's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blinded by darkness by Dijon Noble )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Goodbye, Rockford, Michael Shutt
- First Memory of Urinals, Roger A. Rose
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham