Blinded by darkness
A man may seek throughout life but fail to find contentedness; by night's brightness and day's darkness would it clarify the differences.
Because past instances gave birth to present memories, pleasant times that pass tend to pave the path for misery.
My expectations of life placed a cloak on my sight until circumstances became apparent, and consequently stripped the hope from my awareness.
Speak with me because the warmth of my words provide to a cold heart comfort, but only those who closely listened obtained the benefit while I could not find that my words held self-worth.
Dijon Noble's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blinded by darkness by Dijon Noble )
- A.Blok, A black ravenl...- translation (.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Making Sure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Girl, Stephen Morris Jr
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ광명오피녀 ⓑ송파오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 광명오피 KTwiz 송파오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Silence, Kenneth Maswabi
- The crumbling spider web, Kenneth Maswabi
- Heaven With a Pinch Of Saltf, hugh everard
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ분당오피녀 ⓑ시화오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 분당오피 KTwiz 시화오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Heartache /3, Sabrina Chambers
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)