Blood is But Blood!
Repression is sill repression
Rising, it must flop
Blood is sill blood
Spilling it must clot.
Whether it clots on desert sands
Or upon assassin's hands
On justice's head or around shackled feet
On injustice's sword or on the wounded corpse
Blood is still blood
Spilling, it must clot.
However much one lies in ambush
Blood betrays butcher's hideout
Conspiracies may veil in thousand darkly mask
Each blood dropp ventures out with burning lamp on its palm.
Tell oppression's vain and blemished fate
Tell cruelty's crafty Imam
Tell the UN Security Council
Blood is crazy
It can leap up to the cloak
It is inferno, it can flare up to burn grain-stock.
The blood you sought to suppress in abattoir
Today that blood moves out into street
Here an ember, there a slogan, there a stone
Once blood comes to flows
Bayonets are no avail
Head, once it is raised
Is not downed by law's hail.
What is about oppression?
What is with its impression?
Oppression is, all of it, but oppression
From beginning to end
Blood is still blood
Myriad form it can assume
Forms such as are indelible
Embers such as are inextinguishable
Slogans such as are irrepressible.
Sahir Ludhianvi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blood is But Blood! by Sahir Ludhianvi )
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns