Blood, Tears and Laughter
A sea of tears cannot flood an empty heart.
An empty heart cannot hold enemy blood.
Blood of the enemy will never run dry.
An arid laugh is laden with heavy airs.
A smokey breeze is devoid of nature's truth.
Truth has died the death of a thousand lovers.
A sea of truth cannot dry an arid breeze.
An empty laugh cannot flood a thousand hearts.
Nature's blood is the smoke of enemy tears.
Lydia Martin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blood, Tears and Laughter by Lydia Martin )
- Dear Life, Mark Webster
- Art, Mark Webster
- Being satisfied I am happy, gajanan mishra
- Humanity's Supposed Lament, Shalom Freedman
- नोँ सैथो समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Classes: Ruling, Fooling, and Drooling, Alfred Barna
- Dilemma, Gillian Commerford
- Living, Gillian Commerford
- सानसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Square, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)