That bloody Ikea, someone ought to be shot
for designing their plugs so they stick out a lot.
Why should they make them fit so close to the wall?
That's over pragmatic, no challenge at all!
In theory their lighting is ever so classy
but when they're unpacked the damn things make me arsey
My non Swedish table that stood by my bed
It's been moved some where much less useful instead
The years pass me by and my decor gets tired
So I sift their free brochure and get all inspired
And then I go back to be tempted again
For by then I've forgotten their plugs are a pain
As a company famed for space saving ideas
they're good, but just don't get your lights from ikea.
I hope for their plugs there's a job on the line
Recruit someone with half a brain the next time.
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloody Ikea by Stevie Taite )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall
- On Waking, Rodrigo Diaz
- Death of the Hares, sheena blackhall
- 10 Scots poems from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 3 Page 2, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Whispers in the Dark, Adeosun Olamide
- Slipping, Sliding, Ann Clark