Bloom Of Youth
Your day will come little girl, little girl,
Be patient today and tomorrow.
Sip gently the nectar of awakening love,
Deep drafts are harbingers of sorrow.*
Guard wisely the blush of your opening bud-
One blossom is all you're allotted.
The body betrays and the heart is deceived
In throes of first passion besotted.
For many a dewdrop of love comes your way
To pluck at impatient heart strings,
But dew drops evaporate in the sun's ray,
Sip gently awaiting well-springs.
That first gentle thrill as your petals unfurl,
Like a breeze passing over the skin,
Can turn to a tempest and rage uncontrolled
To lead you astray from within.
Pluck not the bud and hand careless away-
No bud that is plucked ever blossoms
'Til down the footpaths of your slated day
True love will at last come a-walking.
*harbinger: a precedent; to go before
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloom Of Youth by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier
- G I N A, hasmukh amathalal
- Esteemed, Monica Lanier
- बैसागुनि आगान, Bahadur Basumatary
- sTiLL the MOON mOVEs On PaSt MidNiGht ca.., sEaN nOrTh
- Released, Mehradad Nosrati
- Certain Feelings, Rohit Sapra
- Troubled Situations, Monica Lanier
- Keep heart open, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreaming of Happy, Dean Meredith