This mark states simply “Here is now”.
It settles in each passing age,
Reminds us “We have come this far”;
It even indicates our page.
Within its range the past is known,
The future is a pristine book,
Where we can take the words apart
Or see new meaning with each look.
But never ask what happens to:
The lives we dream but dare not live;
The words we know, but do not use;
The love we have, but cannot give.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bookmark by John Staveley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena
- I wonder, hasmukh amathalal
- Nightmares Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I speak loud, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel